- All works contributed to GEISAI are judged first hand by our line-up of jurors.
- The jurors walk the hall observing works.
- Lily Franky. Works that catch his attention are captured with a Polaroid.
- Makota Aida. When taken by a booth, he would often visit multiple times and seemed to exhibit great care in his judgments.
- After completing their rounds, the judges retreat to the deliberation room to select the winners. This time, the initial results varied wildly with each juror.
- The jurors return to the exhibition hall and take a second look at the nominees together. Alias: “The Royal Procession”
- Deliberations continue. Everyone approached the discussions from their own perspective and it was difficult to reach a consensus. It’s that time. Who will fortune’s light shine on?
- Gold Prize
- Silver Prize
- Bronze Prize
- Makoto Aida Prize
- Yasushi Akimoto Prize
- Kazumi Sakata Prize
- Yutaka Yamamoto Prize
- Lily Franky Prize
- Ayumi Nakamura Prize
Congratulations to all the prize recipients.
Photo by miget, Text by GEISAI Executive Committee