GEISAI TAIWAN Photo Report２／The Day of The Event
- Exhibitors began arriving as early as 7 AM to continue putting the finishing touches on their installations.
- Everyone looked very intent as they made their final push.
- The opening ceremony began at 9:30 AM, followed by the arrival of our jurors Seiichi Kamei, Yoshitomo Nara, and Takashi Murakami.
- A commemorative photo with all the day’s exhibitors. It was now time for GEISAI TAIWAN to begin!!
- Before guests arrived, we held our usual ceremony to pray for the safety of all involved.
- At 10 AM, visitors began to arrive!
- From this point, we were hit with a flood of people. The venue was soon overflowing.
- This booth has itself been transformed into a work of art!
- We also saw several sculptures.
- The exhibitors showed an astonishing level of skill. We felt many times as if we were looking at a space for a solo exhibition.
- There were also super-cute performances like these.
- The constant flow of people provided ample evidence of the Taiwanese people’s incredible passion for art. Finally, at 10:30 am, it was time to begin the jury review!
Photo by Takehiro Segawa (AZIO)